Dymium is an early-stage MedTech startup based in Munich. Our team has developed and patented a new surgical method for the residue-free, minimal-invasive removal of kidney stone fragments using magnetism. This has the potential to save thousands of patients from follow-up surgeries every year. We’ve clinched top spot at TUM IdeAward 2019 and Bayerischer Businessplan Wettbewerb 2021.
We are looking for a working student or freelancer (m/f/d) to help us develop an electromagnetic instrument to be used in pre-clinical tests for a surgical procedure.
*What do we offer?
- A chance to help develop an instrument for a new surgical procedure with big impact
- A flexible, multidisciplinary and friendly working atmosphere and close collaboration with the founding team
- Access to infrastructure at the Professur für Selektive Trenntechnik and Makerspace
- To be a part of Munich’s startup ecosystem - we are located at TUM Incubator and Munich Urban Colab
- Fair compensation and flexible working hours (15h-20h per week)
How can you help us?
- Develop a working prototype of our magnetic extraction instrument, a first of its kind surgical tool
- Help design experimental protocol to validate your developments
- Support the founding team in ex vivo porcine kidney experiments to test your prototype
Who are we looking for?
- Studies - min. 5th Semester Bachelor or Master in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics or related fields
- Strong analytical and conceptual capabilities; independent and self-reliant working style
- Practical experience in building hardware proof-of-concepts and prototypes
- German and English speaking candidates are welcome
- Not afraid to fail and try again!
Sounds interesting? Send us your CV, a transcript of records and other documents you want to share with us to email@example.com.
Read about us here:
TUM IdeAward 2019:
Bayerische Businessplan Wettbewerb