Dymium is an early-stage MedTech startup based in Munich. Our team has developed and patented a new surgical method for the residue-free, minimal-invasive removal of kidney stone fragments using magnetism. This has the potential to save thousands of patients from follow-up surgeries every year. We’ve clinched top spot at TUM IdeAward 2019 and Bayerischer Businessplan Wettbewerb 2021.
We are looking for a working student or freelancer (m/f/d) to help us with our pre-clinical research and development activities.
*What do we offer?
- Be part of a highly driven and multidisciplinary team inventing a new surgical procedure, which has won top spot at the TUM Ideaward (2019) and Bayerischer Businessplan Wettbewerb 2021
- Access to infrastructure at the Bioseparation Engineering Group, Garching Forschungszentrum
- A flexible, multidisciplinary and friendly working atmosphere and close collaboration with the founding team
- Experience in an S1 lab and handling porcine kidneys
- A compensation based on working hours and the work package (Duration: 2-3 months) or a 3-month "Semesterarbeit" in exchange for ECTS. Choice is yours
- To be a part of Munich’s startup ecosystem - we are located at TUM Incubator and Munich Urban Colab
How can you help us?
- Characterize the composition of human kidney stones
- Help study the binding of these stones with a certain nanoparticle and some proteins in vitro in the presence of blood.
- Support the founding team in ex vivo porcine kidney experiments.
- Extensive documentation and submission of a final report.
Who are we looking for?
- Master student or bachelor student (m/f/d) with a background in chemistry, biology, biochemistry or medicine; students from related disciplines with keen interest in said topics are encouraged to apply
- Strong analytical and conceptual capabilities, independent and self-reliant working style with relevant experience
- Fluent in English, German language skills are a plus
- Team player who enjoys building something from the ground up – someone who is not afraid of failing and trying again!
Sounds interesting? Send us your CV, a transcript of records and other documents you want to share with us to email@example.com.
Read about us here:
TUM IdeAward 2019:
Bayerische Businessplan Wettbewerb