We are looking for:
A Research Associate (m/w/d) to join one of our teams in the Research and Development Department. The candidate will join a young and motivated team of biologists and biotechnologist in the group R&D Analytics – Quantification of Biomolecules. The group is specialized in the quantification of a wide range of biomolecules, analyzing a diverse range of drug candidates and process impurities to support the R&D pipeline of Octapharma Biopharmaceuticals. With a scientific mindset, good analytical practice and focus on the automation of workflows, the team develops a variety of immuno- and cell-based assays. Embedded in a network of research groups, the team performs routine analysis to support their colleagues with important datasets. We are aiming for recruitment at the next possible date at our site in Heidelberg.
Your new challenges which will inspire you:
- Quantification of biopharmaceuticals and impurities during drug discovery, process development and preclinical testing
- Method development, automation and sample analysis to support the lead discovery team during drug candidate screening
- Responsibility for clone screening as part of the cell line development workflow
- Development of a diverse range of immunoassays, Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting and DNA quantification methods in 96- or 348-well format
- Supporting method transfer and implementation
- Statistical data evaluation and reporting in Electronic Lab Notes and reports
- Presenting data and test methods in internal and external meetings
- Working with and presentation of scientific literature
- Generation of SOP’s and risk assessments
- Contribution to the productive work environment by e.g. interaction with the companies‘ SAP system
Your profile that will convince us:
- You have an outspoken and pro-active personality. Team spirit and broad-minded cooperation is your priority. Scientific curiosity is your daily motivation and you pursue an independent workstyle. You enjoy multi-tasking and are skilled with a high level of flexibility and conceptional thinking.
- You have a strong background in bioanalytics, biology, biochemistry or equivalent and hold a Master’s degree. During your studies you joined academic and industrial laboratories for internships to expand your skillset. You already gathered some work experience in the biopharmaceutical industry or related fields of Diagnostics.
- You are experienced in the analytics of biomolecules and impurities (e.g. immunoglobulins, residual DNA, host cell proteins).
- Hands-on experience in conducting immunoassays or other multi-well assay formats as well as standard bioanalytical methods (Western Blot, SDS PAGE, BCA) is mandatory for the position.
- A general interest in automated operations, liquid handling robots, automated sample management and data handling is required.
- Knowledge of and handling experience with the Flow cytometry platform iQue, Mesoscale Discovery technology or droplet digital PCR is of advantage.
- An Understanding of protein affinities and interactions or basic cell culture techniques is a plus.
- First experience with Design of Experiment (DoE) is a benefit.
If this is you, don't hesitate to apply!
What we have to offer:
- A welcoming and scientific work atmosphere
- Wide range of tasks in a cooperative setting, flexibility and personal responsibility
- A permanent position in a dynamically growing company
- A modern - state of the art – laboratory space and working environment
- Flexible working hours